As we consider the ramifications and impact of last week’s strike against Syria over Assad’s use of sarin against his own people, we should examine the facts.
However, this is 2017. Instead of being responsible and factual, what we’re going to do instead is put forward our best and wildest conspiracy theories worthy of our favorite fake news outlets. Because why not? Everyone else is doing it.
Let’s start off with the official story as a baseline for the wackiness to come.
Alright, so the reasoning goes that Assad knew that he was dealing with a new and embattled US president in Donald Trump. During the campaign, Trump had expressed an unwillingness to seek regime change in Syria. It was also apparent that he was well-disposed toward Russia and would not take any action that would exacerbate tensions with that country.
Assad decided, based on this favorable climate, to use sarin against a rebel-held neighborhood. Perhaps it was intended to terrorize the rest of the population into refusing to harbor or support rebel forces in their area. That’s as good a motive as any, right?
Trouble is that Assad miscalculated. Trump launched a limited retaliatory strike was a warning to Assad not to use chemical weapons in the future. Presumably, the next reprisal for doing so will be more severe.
Is that about right for the official, mainstream version of events we’ve been getting? Does everyone believe that?
Here’s another version. The sarin attack was a false flag attack by Syrian rebels, intended to bring international pressure against Assad and strengthen their position in their losing war against him. Trump was duped and attacked the wrong people. Whoops.
Or this. There was no sarin attack. All of the observers made it up and the “victims” are “crisis actors”. The whole thing was a psy-op to justify an international intervention to remove Assad, for his refusal to authorize the Syrian pipeline or whatever. Maybe that’s too far out there.
How about this: Assad’s forces did carry out the attack, at Putin’s direction. Why? Because Putin and Trump recognize that there is no possibility of the US removing sanctions against Russia or achieving any other level of rapprochement because of the domestic effect of Russiagate on Trump.
Putin and Trump agreed that in the aftermath of a chemical attack by Syrian forces, US forces would be “allowed” to inflict minimal damage on Syrian military resources, such as an airfield, without Russian retaliation. Putin would protest, but otherwise not escalate the situation.
This would have several benefits:
- Trump would be able to minimize the Russiagate accusations, since a direct assault against Russia’s most important client state would prove that he’s not in any sort of secret cahoots with Putin.
- Trump would get the benefit of his decisive action dominating news headlines for a few days, knocking bad news like Russiagate and the bad jobs report off aside. He could also count on a bump in the polls.
- Putin would now be free to exercise as aggressive a strategy in the Syrian Civil War as he likes provided that he ensures that Assad doesn’t use chemical weapons again. It’s clear that this really is the only “red line” that there is anyhow. No chemical weapons, bomb as much as you like.
- Trump gets to embarrass the Obama team. Both by discrediting their contention that Syria removed their chemical weapons and that they failed to meaningfully respond to Assad’s previous use of chemical weapons. Trump gets to settle a personal vendetta.
- The ongoing civil war will ensure that thousands of children can be supplied for future Illuminati human sacrifices for a couple of more years. I don’t know. I just thought that’s what they do.
Proof? Ah, who needs it? Okay, fine.
Maybe we could ask why dozens of Tomahawk cruise missiles apparently didn’t take the airbase offline for any significant amount of time. Or question how it is that the cruise missiles were able to penetrate Russian air defense systems. Further, we could note how convenient it is that virtually everyone on Earth was given advance warning that the attack was coming.
Another possibility is that “Deep State” and the Globalists orchestrated this whole thing because they want war with Russia. In exchange for Deep State squashing some compelling evidence they have on Russiagate, Trump has agreed to betray his political base and do as they ask. It’s blackmail! In the coming months, there will be a troop buildup and a serious, overt effort to remove Assad from power.
It could be nothing more complicated than that Trump saw dead kids on television and decided to fire off missiles because Ivanka told him to, I suppose. Maybe it’s nothing sinister and Trump really is just an impulsive character who doesn’t think things through.
What do you see as the most likely scenario and what do you think is coming next? Go nuts with it. I’d like to see the craziest theories we can put together. Be as serious or as comical as you like.