There was no shortage of exciting events going on in our world, wasn’t there? Trump has set the US on course to bring those predatory Canadians to heel and hold a slumber party with Kim and Rodman in the near future. With all of the Big Deals happening though, I want to make sure that we, the common people, are not forgotten.
One of the best threads we’ve had lately on a DJ post I published was the one where I asked everyone to share their recreational music. Let’s have more music about you.
Play for me the soundtrack of your life.
- These Days Are Ours – Selections from your happy days. Songs associated with good times and memories. I’d especially like to read any anecdotes you have to match the tunes.
- Feel the City Breakin’ And Everybody Shakin’ – You’re walking down the street wearing your favorite shoes or best sport jacket. What’s playing in your head (or your iPod) as you strut your stuff?
- All Day I Dream About Sex – Either the best and most romantic or the weirdest music you ever had going while you played the blanket hornpipe.
- Party for Your Right to Fight – If you’re throwing a house party, what are you going to play if you’re considering the people you’re likely to invite, if alcohol and drugs will be present, and whether your HOA or the cops will get any complaints.
- Let the Bodies Hit the Floor – You’re going into battle. Show me your war face and play the tunes you kick ass to the beat with.
I’ll share mine with you in the dedications.
Grendel: Real men do battle with giant robots. I couldn’t find this one on YouTube and had to upload it. Worth it.
Lurking: My favorite walking tune.
WVR: Weird music I’ve screwed to.
Rich Taylor: More weird sex music. No idea why I put this album on, but it happened. She later told EVERYBODY we knew and laughed about it.
pfluffy: Happy Days music. This was from the effective end of my childhood. My most-played album prior to joining the Army, getting married for the first time, and otherwise lurching into a disastrous young adulthood. Never banged anyone to it though.
Zurvan: When I have a house party, it’s generally a small group. One or two other couples invited for dinner and wine and they’re typically my wife’s friends since I have none of my own. I usually just go with some ambient, upbeat stuff like this.
Santino: A happy memory. Seeing Duran Duran in concert for my birthday in 2004. The actual video is NSFW, but here’s a safe one.